- In India, driving exposes you to various risks. Car Insurance helps neutralize those risks and mitigate damage repair expenses in case of an accident.
- For enhanced coverage, you can opt for add-on covers such as zero depreciation, quick road assistance, engine and electronic circuit cover, return to invoice, no-claim bonus protection, personal accident cover, loss of personal belongings, key replacement, daily cash allowance etc. so that your insurance expectations are fulfilled.
- As per Motor Vehicle Act, 1988, it is mandatory for every vehicle owner to buy third party insurance for his/her vehicle plying on Indian roads. If an individual fails to do so, legal action will be taken against him/her. It's recommended to buy a comprehensive auto insurance plan. It provides coverage for third-party liability as well as own damage.
- Rather than paying the damage repair expenses, you pay an insurance premium to your insurance provider. The insurance premium is computed on the basis of your insured declared value.
Benefits of Car Insurance
- Covers Damage Repair Costs: Paying for damage repair can be expensive. There can be times where your car might get damaged because of somebody else's carelessness. What if the repair expenses burn a big hole in your pockets? If you have adequate vehicle insurance coverage, you don't have to worry about it.
- Takes Care of Legal Liability: Buying third party insurance cover fulfills your legal liability. In case you are involved in a road mishap, it safeguards you from accident-related legal ramifications (if the accident is caused by you).
- Covers Hospitalization Expenses: Some accidents cause fractures and other serious injuries that need immediate medical attention. Having a motor insurance plan safeguards you from spending hospitalization expenses from your own pocket.
- Financial Support: If a vehicle owner is a sole breadwinner, it's unfortunate if he succumbs to the injuries caused by a road accident. The financial crunch can be threatening for his/her family's survival. The financial support received by vehicle insurer is a blessing in disguise post the unfortunate incident.
Key Points to Remember when Comparing Car Insurance
- Try to strike a perfect balance between the premium and the offered coverage.
- Check that your preferred insurance provider has authorized a wide range of car service centers and garages as their network listed.
- Cashless motor insurance ensures a smooth claim process.
- The voluntary excess shouldn't be too high or too low.
- Check out the list of add-ons.
- Check the Insured Declared Value offered by the insurance company.